Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday looking forward to Thursday

Tomorrow brings a lot of excitement for us.  We are expecting special company.  My friend Renata and her beautiful little girl Avery will be here.  They used to be our next door neighbors but since September when her husband deployed to Iraq they have been staying with family in Texas.  Friday is her husbands homecoming and so they flew up today and we are going to get to spend some time with them tomorrow.  We can't wait to see them again.  When they left Avery had just learned to walk and was only talking a little bit but now she is two and her mom says she is constant chatter.  Tyler absolutely adores her.  He likes babies in general.  They were so wonderful to us when my husband was deployed last year and we got to spend so much time with them that it was hard to let them go.  I am excited for them to be a complete family again as I now they were for us.  They will be here for five days and then they will be returning to Texas so it will be sad to say goodbye again.  She had hoped to move back again but her husband has orders to somewhere else.  It is so hard to keep lasting relationships in the military especially for the kids.

Today was not a day of any great accomplishments.  My lack of sleep finally caught up with me! I spent a large part of the day in a state of half sleep.  We did try to straighten the house a little for our company tomorrow.  It really could use a good spring cleaning.  I started reading the book From Clutter to Clarity by Nancy Twigg and I am in awe of how she seems to be writing directly to me.  I feel like I have made progress in certain areas but in others I know I need a lot of work yet.  I am only two chapters into the book but I am just loving it.  I also started reading The Shack the other day.  I have been wanting to read it for awhile now but haven't had a bunch of time to read.  I need to find more time to read as it is tremendously relaxing for me.

Tomorrow we will not be doing any school so we can enjoy our company.  We are hoping to go to the park with them if the weather cooperates.  I think I am going to fill workboxes for Friday tonight so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow.  We have been studying about nutrition in science.  We use the God's Design for Life curriculum from Answers in Genesis this year and right now we are on the Humany Body book.  I love this book but I know Tyler needs a lot more interaction with each topic then is given in the book so I use other resources also.  We had just read the section on vitamins and minerals the other day and had looked at and compared a bunch of nutrition labels but I know that is not enough for him to remember what he has learned and so I was browsing for something more to do and came upon a really cool activity where you make different action hero flash cards for the different vitamins and minerals.  You draw a picture and then you fill in different sections like secret idenity (the full name of the vitamin or mineral), misson (the role in the body), hideout (what foods you find it in), and secret code (how much you need daily).  We are going to do this on friday and I know he is going to love it and remember them all.  The link is:  http://www.texasheart.org/HIC/ProjH/upload/Activity_5_C.pdf if you want to try it also.  They also have some other neat activities for vitamins and minerals at: http://www.texasheart.org/HIC/ProjH/g5masters.cfm if you want to check those out too. 

I have been lamenting that I haven't been able to put a lot of pictures of Christian doing his work on my blog.  The reason for this is that I am the one helping him and therefore can't take pictures at the same time but... I am going to try to take some pictures this weekend of what activities I have him do so that you can see what he is up to also.

I should get going now so I hope you all have a terrific night!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails