Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day

Mothers Day is almost over and I hope that everyone had a special day.  This morning I woke up and my husband had my cards and presents sitting on the table.  I recieved beautiful cards from both of my sons and a very sweet one from my husband.  The one from my husband was a  Blue Mountain card which was very nice because he used to get me Blue Mountain cards when we were first married.  He also made an 8"X10" collage photo of both of our boys with their signatures on it.  Christian can not write his name so he did hand over hand with him.  Tyler wrote his name in cursive which is precious to me because even though he still has very rough handwriting I know how hard he has worked to get where he is.  I can still remember when he was six and his occupational therapist first was able to get him to write a capital T for his name.  Now he can write all his letters in cursive.  My husband also put the collage picture he made of the boys as the wallpaper on the computer so it is right there for me to see all day.   My present from husband was a Lodge 6 quart dutch oven.  It is beautiful and I put it right to use by making a pot roast today.  He has gotten me so much for my kitchen this last year that I feel rather spoiled.  Not that I am complaining!    Other than that it was a pretty relaxed day around here.  We played football on our Playstation.  I watched Greg Laurie on the television. We went for a nice family walk this evening and then my husband beat me at rummy.  I hugged and kissed my kids as much as possible because without them Mothers Day would have no meaning.    I am also thankful for my husband and all the support he gives me.  I am blessed.  It was a wonderful day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails