Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Favorite Chicken Pot Pie

 

Chicken Pot Pie

I made this chicken pot pie for the second time tonight and I am just in love with it.  It is very hearty and has a great taste.  I thought I would share the recipe.

2 carrots peeled and thinly sliced

1 celery stalk cut into 1/2 inch slices

1/2 cup chopped yellow onion

1 1/2 cups chicken broth

1 cup thawed frozen corn

1 cup thawed frozen peas

2 cups cooked cubed chicken breast

3 tablespoons butter

3 tablespoons flour

3/4 tablespoon salt

ground pepper to taste

1/2 cup milk

1/4 cup fresh parsley

1 refrigerated pie crust

Directions:

1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook carrots, celery, and onion in 1/2 cup of the broth, covered until tender, about 10 minutes.  Drain vegetables, reserving broth.

2.  Preheat oven to 350° F.  Place vegetable mixture, corn, peas, and chicken in 10-inch pie plate, 2 inches deep.

3. In the saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour, salt, and pepper and stir until bubbly. Add remaining broth and milk and return to boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about two minutes.  Add parsley, pour over vegetables and mix well.

4.  Place pie crust over vegetables, fold edges under, and flute.  Make two slits in crust.  Bake about 35 minutes until golden on top.

I hope you enjoy making it as much as I do.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails