Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Building Castles

We have been studying a lot about knights and castles lately.  Today in one of our workboxes was the Klutz book How to Build Castles.  I love Klutz books and I think they are a perfect fit with workboxes.  This one I think is one of my favorites.

It is a lot like building a house of cards but much stronger.  The book is laid out very nice.  It shows how to build the basic structures and then how to put them together to make castles.  You can also purchase extra card sets to make really big castles.  I just had Tyler build a three story tower with a roof for today. 

It was great for his fine motor coordination!

They also have a similar book for building pirate ships.  We are going to have to check that one out sometime too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails