Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Grammar Poster Center

I bought some posters the other day hoping to make some centers with them.  I have only been able to do one so far but I thought I would share.  I took this poster that I bought from Amazon for $1.99 and glued it to a larger poster board. Here is the link for the poster. http://www.amazon.com/Parts-Speech-Cheap-Chart-Charts/dp/0768233879/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243013179&sr=8-4 I then took some cardstock and made pockets for each part of speech and made some labels for each pocket on the computer.  I glued the pockets down the sides of the original poster close to their definitions.  I am going to have my sone write out sentences for his spelling and vocabulary words on index cards and have him underline the word in the sentence.  He can then sort what part of speech the word used was into the pockets.  Here is a picture.

It only took about a half hour to make and I know we can use it a bunch.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails