Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sick and not so tired

I know the title of this post sounds a little silly so let me explain.  Tyler  got sick about halfway through the day and Christian truly believes he is not so tired (even though it is almost midnight).   

Tyler was doing pretty well this morning but around lunch time he started complaining that he felt cold.  I didn't think a lot of this because we keep the air in the house pretty low.  I am a northern girl still in my heart and summers in North Carolina are WAY too hot for me.  I told him to go put on some socks and that seemed to help.  A little after lunch we got a package in the mail from a dear friend here in Blogland.  Tyler has been struggling with his reading this year and so Sheri, being the wise homeschool mom, suggested we try a product called line guards by Heads Up.  She reviewed this product as part of the TOS crew.  Please check out her review here  if you want to know more.  I am really hoping that these are going to help Tyler keep his place when he is reading.  I know how frustrating it is for him.  He was excited to try out the ones that Sheri generously sent to us.  He tried a couple of them out with his World Studies book and found one he seems to like.

After this though his day went steadily downhill.  I should have guessed something wasn't right when during his spelling test he was taking a super long time to write each word.  Usually he is very fast.  By the time my hubby got home from work he was all out of sorts and still not done with his workboxes.  I went over to help him with science and noticed his hands felt like ice cubes.  I felt his forehead and sure enough he had a fever so we sent him off to bed.

 

 I am not sure where he got sick but I am sure hoping it doesn't spread to the rest of us.  I am thinking since he will most likely be in bed tomorrow  I will work a lot with Christian and get some baking done that I am longing to do.  I have all the Marines at my husbands new work that I have yet to win over with my baking. 

Christian is doing well.  He is still awake (after midnight now)!  He has been enjoying learning to cut with his loop scissors lately.  He doesn't seem to favor either hand when he cuts which I think is very interesting.  I am working on adapting The Apple Pie Tree book for him and I think he is going to love it.  I am very pleased with his focus on what I am doing with him lately. 

There is one more thing I want to share before I go.  This morning Tyler was reading in an old devotion book we have while eating breakfast.  He looks over at me and says, "Mom, does ambidextrous mean you can use both hands?".  I almost fell over.  Tyler has a great vocabulary but it is a memorized vocabulary.  He has almost no ability to decode words through context clues.  He not only figured out the meaning to this one himself but also got it right.  Yeah for him!  It is a really big accomplishment.

Well, I need to go see if I can convince Christian that he is not nocturnal now.  I hope everyone else is having a nice night and hope you all have a blessed tommorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails