Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day at the Beach

We went to the beach today for the first time this year.  This is pretty sad because we only live about 25 minutes from the ocean.   I grew up in Wisconsin and I don't think that  I would have ever believed that a person could live so close to the ocean and not go there on a regular basis.  Every time we go there I am reminded never to take something so beautiful and powerful for granted. 

The Beautiful Atlantic Ocean

We all had a great time.  Christian in particular loves the beach.  I think for him it is the perfect sensory experience.  He is nonverbal but somethings don't require words.

His big smile says it all!

Tyler enjoys the beach too.  He likes the water some but for him I think the sand is where it is at.

He actually did a "sand angel" like a snow angel before we left the beach leaving him covered in sand.  Not the best idea for the car ride home but I do wish I would have a gotten a picture of it.

He looks like he is having fun.  Don't you think so?  I don't have any pictures of him in the water because both my husband and I were in the water when he was.  He was getting quite confidant about it all and did make us both a bit nervous but we were glad to see him have so much fun.

Both Tim and I spent a lot of time with Christian in the water.  He was in from the time we arrived and had to be pulled out to leave.

He had soooo much fun!  He just loves to feel the waves crash against him.

 We all so held him up by his chest and legs when the waves were coming in and let him feel the weightlessness.  This brought huge smiles!

It was a blast and hopefully we will get back there at least once more this summer. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails