This is what the completed book looks like. I started by taking apart the pages. I then typed new words to go with what I wanted him to do and glued them on the pages over the existing words. I then laminated the pages. Here are what the inside pages look like.
I found some pictures of items that went with the book and printed and laminated them also. I put velcro on the back of the pictures and in the spots in the book where they go. I used my comb binder and a large binding so that the book could lay flat when open. I also attached a piece of colored cardstock on the last page before I laminated it and put velcro strips down it so that I could store the pieces there.
I am so excited about this. I think it will help him a bunch. I think this would also be great for preschoolers too!