Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Quick update

I am going to make this a really quick update because I am worn out and longing to do a little reading and praying before I go to sleep. 

Tyler is feeling a little better although it is hard to tell because he isn't great at being able to communicate how he truly feels.  He did have a little more energy today.  He was restless and sick of being in bed so I let him lie out on the couch for awhile and watch NFL Network.  However after being out here for awhile I could see he was starting to look pale again and sent him back to his room.  He said his throat hurt today for awhile but then later when I asked him again he said it felt fine.  My favorite is when I ask how he feels and he responds with "how do you think I feel?".  He never seems to get the fact that I don't have some magical way of telling where he is hurting.  By the end of the day we determined that he is probably feeling well enough to do school tomorrow as he was moving around quite a bit tonight.  However since then he has been out here about every half hour since he went to bed so I guess we will see in the morning.  Experience tells me that he is either: a)not tired because he has been laying around all day or b) getting ready to spike a good fever.  I am hoping for a!



Christian has been a handful today.  For the most part he was in a good mood but very into everything.  He has about twenty different little behaviors he likes to cycle through (sometimes several at a time).  Right now he is into eating wood (he took some nice bites out of the shelves in his room today)  and spitting on the floor.  The eating of wood has been going on for a while and we have covered most of the wood surfaces with guards.  He is going to the doctor next month and PICA is at the top of my list to discuss with her.  The spitting on the floor really drives my husband crazy which I think actually drives him to do it more.  I have got to spend a lot of time with him the last couple of days while Tyler has been sick so that has been nice for him at least.  I made him a bunch of squirrel counting sheets that I want to use with some nuts.  I haven't taken pictures of them yet so I will try to post that tomorrow.  I am enjoying the fact that he is willing to try a lot more new things this year.  It's encouraging!



As for me I am looking forward to a coffee night tomorrow with some other moms who homeschool special needs kids.  We go out to coffee once a month which is about all I have time for but it is a lot of fun.  I am also hoping to spend a little husband and wife time this weekend as it seems like we haven't had a lot lately.  I am feeling bad for Tim as it seems like he is frustrated with his new position at work.  He seems discouraged and worn out a lot. I hope we can find something fun to do this weekend to take his mind off work if everyone is healthy.



I hope this doesn't sound too gloomy.  I know there was a lot more I wanted to write but my brain is not working at the moment.  



Y'all have a great night and I will type again some more  tomorrow.      

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails