Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wednesday

Today was a pretty good day here.  I feel like we accomplished a lot.  Ds11 and I did some finger painting for an Easter project we are working on.  Actually it was finger paint mixed with shaving cream which gives it a different texture and a lighter color.  He really enjoyed it.  I am going to cut his paintings into egg shapes after they dry and tommorrow we are going to rip up green construction paper and glue it to paper and then put the egg shapes on top so that it looks like Easter eggs in the grass.  I figure he should do well at the grass as he loves to rip paper.  Usually it is stuff he is not supposed to be ripping like his brothers' school work or a book I am reading.  Anyways here is a picture of him finger painting.

I especially love the paint on his nose!    Here is one more.

Ds12 read the Parable of the Easter Lily and made two Easter lilies.  The white part of the flower was made from tracing his hand and cutting it out which was fun.

 

This evening after dinner I went grocery shopping and got lots of Easter candy, the dye for the eggs, and the ingredients to make Resurrection buns on Friday.  I also bought a large brisket to make on Friday.  My friend in Texas gave me a rub for brisket that is awesome.  It is a large one so it should last both Friday and Saturday.  I still don't know what we are having for Easter.  I keep asking my husband what he wants to have but we have not yet decided.  We are running out of time.  I also made a casserole for dinner that turned out well.  It is the first time I have made it.  It was potatoes, ham, onions, sour cream, and monterey jack.  It has  that comfort food appeal to it.  I think tomorrow morning I am going to hard boil the eggs for dying so that my husband and son can decorate them tomorrow night as that is usually their thing to do.  I am also going to try to make some cupcakes for my husband to take to work Friday morning because they have to work a half day.

Other than that I think we will try to squeeze in a couple more Easter crafts and maybe watch the Greatest Heroes and Legends of the Bible dvd about the last supper, crucifixion, and resurrection.  We also want to see if we can rent The Easter Beagle as we all enjoy Charlie Brown a lot. 

I hope you are all enjoying this wonderful Easter week.  The world is so chaotic right now and it is nice to know that my Jesus is still watching over me.  Have a blessed night!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails