Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Christian!

Today my baby turns 12!  I spent several hours today looking at baby pictures and marveling just how fast time goes by.  I remember so clearly still when the doctor laid my sweet little boy in my arms.  It was truly love at first sight!  He was a big baby with a ton of hair and sweet big eyes.  He was a cuddly baby right from the start and he loved to be rocked and held.  He has the same sweet disposition yet today.
Christian was a bright, happy, and healthy baby until around 2.  At 2 years old he started to withdraw and exhibit a lot of repetitive behaviors.  At 2 1/2 he was diagnosed with severe autism along with an array of other lesser diagnosis.  It has been a long and sometimes difficult journey. 
We made a commitment to God to love Christian before he was even born.  Loving Christian is an easy thing to do though!  He has a huge amount of love to give.  He is fun and energetic with his own unique sense of humor.  He has a beautiful smile and a terrific laugh.  He struggles with many things that are easy for others but finds easy things like unconditional love and acceptance that seem difficult for many.
He is a special person created in God's image.  I learn so much from him every day.  He has taught me about the things that are truly important and to appreciate the many small miracles of life we experience every day.  I fell incredibly blessed to be his mom and honored that God entrusted us with the special gift of raising him.


Happy Birthday Christian!

1 comment:

Recovering Noah said...

Happy Birthday, Christian!

Bronwyn, I know I've said it before, but I LOVE your blog and all the ideas you have.

BTW, we love Three Cups of Tea, too. They have a children's version that I read to the kids and they love it.

Leslie :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails