Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Yikes!  I just realized I haven't been on here in 5 days so I am sorry if this is one of those long rambling posts. 

Christian's birthday was on Wednesday so we took the day off of school.  We got him a new trampoline for his birthday and he is really loving it.



He doesn't like sweets so we didn't have a cake but we did get chicken strips and french fries from Bojangles for dinner because that is his favorite.  He enjoyed that very much.  He had a relaxed birthday which is just the way he likes it.

On Friday we had school.  Tyler is learning about Revelation in Bible and so we did a neat project.  He was learning about the opening of the seven seals in Revelation 6.  We made a large scroll and I wrote down the references for the verses that describe the opening of each seal.



Tyler wrote down a description of what will occur at the opening of each seal.  We then place velcro to represent each seal so that as the scroll is opened you stop at each reference.





He had a lot of fun making this and it was a great way to remember our lesson.

Friday night was Mom's night for my homeschool group and we met at Booksamillion for coffee and conversation.  It was a wonderful time as it always is.  It is definitely something I look forward to each month.  It is nice to have the time out with friends that homeschool special needs children.  I think my boys also enjoy the time together.   They like to order pizza and act silly with dad.



Saturday we carved pumpkins and enjoyed the beautiful fall leaves in the backyard.  Christian is feeling a bit under the weather so unfortunately he didn't get to play outside.  He is stuffy and just has a cold I think but it is making him super cranky so he has mostly been inside.

Tyler and Lucy had a great time playing in the leaves together.  Our trampoline is filled with them!








Tyler carved his pumpkin on Saturday too.



He worked really hard and even saved every last pumpkin seed so we could roast them.




Today we mostly hung out at home and watched football.  It was a good weekend.  I didn't accomplish everything I had hoped to because Christian needed a little extra care because of his cold but that is okay. 



Tomorrow is my mom's birthday.  So... Happy Birthday Mom!  It is also my Aunt Debbie's birthday because they are twins.  So Happy Birthday Aunt Debbie too!





This is my mom and my aunt when they were 3.  Aren't they adorable?  



I'm off to fill workboxes now.  Hope everyone has a great week!  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails