Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Please Pray!

I am sorry I haven't posted on here this weekend.  Tim has had off work and so he has been staying up with Christian at night (which is usually when I get on the computer) while I catch up on some of my sleep.  

Tomorrow morning I will be taking Tyler to the doctor.  He has been having headaches and stomach aches that have been gradually getting worse.  He is not great at explaining what is going on with his health due to his autism but from what we have been able to access we believe that he may have celiac disease.  This would not be a huge surprise because celiac disease is prevalent in autistic people and because my husband also shows a lot of symptoms of celiac disease.  We removed gluten from Tyler's diet starting on Saturday to see if it would help and he has said that his stomach pains have decreased some.  I ask him his pain level on a scale of 1 to 10 and on Sunday night he said they were a 5 and today he said they were a 2 and not as frequent.  He also said his headaches have subsided some.  He has been a real trooper about it all.  He has spent most of the weekend not feeling well and he has also endured the change in his diet very well. 

I will be honest I am really hoping this is the answer because it is something I can understand and help him treat.  He has not been himself for at least the last month and I have been watching it get worse and worse.  I am also pretty sure that he has lost some weight by the way his clothes are fitting.  He is a super eater so it doesn't make a lot of sense.  We had to wait for a change in our insurance to make an appointment with a new doctor so I am really excited to finally get him in to see someone who can help. 

So if you are up late and read this and would pray for us it would mean a lot!

Thank you!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails