Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Transparent Matching Activity

We have so much going on here in the next month or so that I know I am not going to have a lot of time to make activities for school so  I thought I would try to see what I could accomplish this week at least.  I found a new book that I think is interesting.  I bought it used and the copyright is 1989 so I am not sure if it is still in print but it is called Do Touch by LaBritta Gilbert.  It has a whole bunch of easy to make activities that use inexpensive items, most of which can be found around the house.  The cover looks like this.



I have been wanting to work more with Christian on matching picture to picture.  He can match object to object and very occasionaly object to picture but can not do picture to picture at all.  I have noticed when we match object to picture he does best when we place the object directly on the picture.  The first activity that I was really drawn to in this book for him uses transparencies to match over the top of the actual picture.  I only made two activity sheets so far although there are a lot more in the book because I want to see how he does with them first.

The pages in the book look like this with outlines of circles with simple pictures in them.

I printed one copy of each onto transparency paper and another copy onto regular paper.  I colored the pictures on the regular paper with colored pencils and mounted it on constuction paper and laminated it. 

I then cut out the circles from the transparency paper. The transparent circles can be place directly over the top of the colored ones to match them making it very easy to see if they do not match. 

Here is one more picture with the transparent circles on yellow paper so they are more visable.

I think this activity would be very easy to create even without the book all you would need is drawings with definate outlines and trace them onto a clear plastic page protector with a permanent marker.  I am hoping this works for us and maybe you would like to try it also.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails