Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Easy Science Review for Workboxes

A couple of weeks ago with a 20% off coupon from Lakeshore Learning I purchased a great science resource for our workboxes. 

They are called Look and Label Science Photo Cards and I am loving them.  Here is the link: http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo/ca%7CsearchResults~~p%7C2534374302095671~~.jsp  There are 50 write on/wipe off cards covering 5 science catagories.  The catagories and specific cards are listed on the back of the box.

I am hoping you can read them from the picture.  They are really handy for me because we can use them again and again and they are easy to slip in workboxes for review.  Right now we have been using the ones on the body systems as that is what we are studying.  Here are the cards in the weather category.

On the front side of each card is the write on labeling activity.

On the back side are the answers, explanation of the concept shown on the front, vocabulary words and their definitions, and some additional questions to ask your child.

These are a great resource for me.  I think something similar could be created on the computer and then laminated but if you are busy like I am they are a much faster alternative.  If you are looking for something like this I highly reccomend these.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails