Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Fun Dollar General Finds

Last Friday when I was on my way to mom's night out I stopped at the Dollar General behind the coffee shop we were meeting at.  I found a couple of fun things to put in my son's workboxes.  I love a good deal so I thought I would share.  The first one was an Animal Planet actvity book.  It was $1 and is fairly thick.  It has a bunch of coloring pages but also some great puzzles, games, and even some recipes.  It also has some cut out picture cards on the back you could play memory with.

A couple of things I know my son is going to love are a game like battleship where you plot out and try to find the animals, some learn to draw activities, and a recipe for monkey bars (how fun!)

I also got for a dollar a fun scratch a sketch activity.  I remember doing something like this in school when I was young.  I know he is going to love this one.

And finally for $3 I got this great wooden sail boat kit.  What a fun thing to make and play with in the pool this summer.  All the wood and supplies are included and for $3 I felt really good about this one. 

They had a lot of other great stuff too but I needed to save some cash for coffee too!;

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails