Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ivy

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.  We are having some nasty weather here.  We were hoping for snow but all we have had so far is rain.
If you have been here before you may have noticed that I have placed a ChipIn! on the side of my blog yesterday.
I have always felt strongly about adoption.  I believe that God commands us to take care of orphans.  We have been involved with Bethany Christian and their adoption ministries for special needs in the past.  I just learned about Reece's Rainbow and their awesome work with adoption ministries for children with Down Syndrome this last year thanks to my blog friend Leslie who has a huge heart for these kids.  Children with special needs around the world face a very bleak future if they are not adopted into a loving home.  Unfortunately the high cost of adoption can make it hard for some families that would love to bring a child into their family.  
I have been reading the Reece's Rainbow website and staring at the precious faces of all the children there that so desperately need homes.  They are all so sweet but one child in particular has really captured my heart.
Meet Ivy
 

Is that not the most angelic face?  She really needs a family that can love her.  She is 4 years old.  She lives in Eastern Europe and she is nearing an age where if she is not adopted soon she will face a very sad life in an institution.  My hope and prayer this year is that if I can help to increase her adoption fund some family will be able to bring her home and give her the love she needs and deserves.
I have placed the ChipIn! on the side of my blog in hopes that in the next month I can raise $600 to help her. 
Now to help promote my fund raising effort  I have decided to host a drawing for a couple of prizes here.  I will be placing your name once in the drawing for each of the following things:

1.  Each $5 donated.  If you are donating under $10 I would ask that instead of using the ChipIn! you would send in your donations to:
Reece's Rainbow
PO Box 4024
Gaithersburg, MD 20885
You will need to designate on your check that it is for Ivy(31). Paypal takes out their fees for each donation so anything under $10 doesn't end up as much.  If you do send a check please come back here and leave a comment so that I can enter your name.  I would appreciate your honesty. 

 or

2. If you make a donation of $5 or over and you post about this event and link back to here on either your blog, Facebook, or Twitter.  I will give you an extra entry.  You must make a donation first!

On March 2 I will draw three winners.  The first winner will win a $50 gift card from Lakeshore Learning.  The second winner will receive a $30 gift certificate from Music for Little People.  The third winner will receive a beautiful felt color and size sorting toy from the Etsy store Play to Learn.  I have to post a couple of pictures because it is just a beautiful toy.
I will need to have a way to contact you if you win.  If I can't contact a winner within a week I will choose a new winner. 
I really invite you to think about giving to help little Ivy.  I just know there is a family out there for her if we can do something to lessen the adoption expenses.  Thank you for taking the time to read this and consider if you can help.


1 comment:

Sheri said...

What a precious girl. I honestly do not understand why they institutionalize those babies?! Can't they continue with foster homes, etc? Well, I certainly hope this darling child finds a loving home soon. Thanks for sharing that info!

Related Posts with Thumbnails