Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Feels like home



Today was the first day since we moved that I felt like I am truly home.   We are a military family living in base housing so I always feel that lingering reality that even though this is my home it is only temporary.  Don't get me wrong I do like living in housing for many reasons.  I like to sit and think sometimes about how if these houses could talk all the stories they would tell.  I know that so many families have said goodbye to loved ones here, waited for them while they were gone, and hopefully celebrated their return here.  I find alot of comfort in the common experience I feel about it.  It does however sometimes take a little while for it to really truly feel like home.  This particular house has a very warm homelike feel to me but the last couple of weeks it has still felt like we are just visiting.  Today it just hit me and it finally felt like my home.  I am not sure why.  The weather was kind of dismal and we had candles going and that may have contributed.  I don't exactly know but it feels good.  All day I have felt warm and safe and comfy.  
Christian went to bed late last night or early this morning depending on your point of view and did not want to get out of bed.  I got him to the couch but he fell right back to sleep.

He looks peaceful though, doesn't he?   Tyler and I played a nice game of Life while he was sleeping.  He beat me by over a million dollars.   I think he enjoyed that!  After that he played football on the Playstation for a little while.

I worked some more on getting ready for school next week.  I got some basket yesterday to fit in the shelves I have in our dining/homeschool room.  They look really nice.

They look so much better than the plastic milk crate I have been using for the last couple of years.  I can store all my teacher manuals, cds, and some of the stuff we use everyday that I don't want to always be digging out of the homeschool closet.

I finished all of that and Christian still wasn't awake so it was time for intervention.  It was 10:00!

He still didn't really want to be up!  I spent the rest of the day working on the house and playing with the boys.  I am trying to take my time and set everything up in an organized manner.  Even Tyler's closet is looking organized. 

I probably shouldn't be sharing that picture.  I am not sure it is "cool" to have an organized closet at 13 but I am just proud.  Our workboxes are also set up for next week.  They are under the counter because it is the only space I have for them but I think it will work.

Overall the day was just nice and relaxing.  Tonight we all hung out in the living room.  It was good family time. 

Christian and Daddy being silly!
Tyler at the end of the day looking at football stats.  He can't wait for football to start again!
 It feels good to be HOME! Have a great night.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

would you mind sharing where you purchased your white dresser you keep all the baskets in? I need something like that for my homeschool room.. my email address is gilliamjs@gmail.com thanks so much, sabrina

Related Posts with Thumbnails