Hi! Thank you for stopping by today! My name is Bronwyn. I am a follower of Jesus, wife of a Marine, and mother of 2 autistic boys. We have been a homeschooling family for going on 7 years now and loving it! I also love to read, cook, bake, and walk.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend


Hope everyone had a lovely Memorial Day!  We had a relaxed weekend at home.  Tim had foot surgery a couple of weeks ago and is still healing so we are unable to do anything too strenuous.  We had loads of sunshine, a beautiful breeze, temps in the 80's and it so it was really very nice here.  Tim was able to grill steaks and hot dogs much to his pleasure and everyone else too.  The boys played on the trampoline and the swings.  Lucy soaked in all the attention of everyone being home.  I cherished the time to watch the birds and squirrels play by the feeders that Tim gave to me for Mothers Day, to stare at the blossoms on the tree out my front window, to bake tons of chocolate chip cookies, and most of all to enjoy the family God has so graciously allowed me to be part of.  Though flawed as it is I am still so grateful to remember that I live in this country that I love.  I am without words to express my appreciation for the sacrifices that have been made so that I can enjoy the freedoms I do!
Pictures from our Memorial Day (in no particular order) :)

6 comments:

Michele said...

Sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend. The pictures are lovely. Ours was quiet; maybe I'll get around to a post soon!
Blessings, Michele

Sheri said...

Very nice. I don't like the squirrels in the feeder tho. I hand feed the critters at our local park, but when we see em destroying and pigging out on our feeder-I get kinda mad there. Lately tho, it has been the chipmunks. Oi. Say, did you see the ditty I posted on FB about service dogs for autistic kids? Do you have a FB account? Just request to be my friend if you are. :0) intersting. wish they [Guiding Eyes and their Autism program] would expand it, so many could benefit from it.

Have a great week.

Bronwyn said...

Sheri,
Our feeders are squirrel proof. If they put their weight on the perches it closes the little doors to the seed. I am really sadistic though because I love to watch them try. LOL
Mostly they eat what the birds drop on the ground though. We have very messy birds so they are well fed squirrels!
I'm not on FB. Sorry! I love the idea of service dogs for autism. Our dog isn't a service dog but she is just amazing with our kids. She really understands them. I truly believe God brought her to our family. I know a lot of autistic kids are very connected with animals and so I think it is really a great match to place dogs with them. Is your husband training autism service dogs too? I have a friend with a son with autism here and she and her son volunteer at a local place that trains these dogs. Her son plays with the puppies which helps them get used to different types of people right from the start. I think it is extremely rewarding for them both.
Blessings,
Bronwyn

kathy taylor said...

You have a beautiful family, Bronwyn.

Lana said...

That dog is beautiful and so are your boys. (If they are like my boys they probably don't want to be called beautiful! Oops.)

We are looking for a dog...how long have you had her/him?

Enjoyed looking around your blog...

Lana @ ilovemy5kids

Bronwyn said...

Lana,
Thank you so much for your sweet comment!
Lucy is our dog and we have had her for about a year and a half. I really believe God meant for her to be with us. She is not trained as a service dog but is utterly wonderful with both our autistic boys.
Hope you find a dog that is perfect for your family too! :)
Bronwyn

Related Posts with Thumbnails